Monday, September 5, 2011

Texas Bloggers Fire Relief Efforts


As you all know, I live in Austin. Central Texas has been my home - and the love of my life - for thirteen years now. It's where I had my first kiss, where I went to college (hook 'em!) and found myself, where I bought my first home, and where I fell in love, got engaged and brought Ava into this world. And now, in the most gut-wrenching turn of events, it is burning.

We have been fortunate so far to have been spared by the fires in the past 24 hours, but there are many - thousands, even - who have been displaced, both temporarily and permanently. Hundreds in Bastrop alone have lost their homes and all that they hold dear, and no longer have a place to lay their heads or raise their babies.

Because we're so fortunate as to have been spared, we have to do anything and everything we can to help.

As such, please grab the button to the side (at the top) to promote awareness of relief efforts that myself and a wonderful group of local Austin (and surrounding Central Texas areas) bloggers are spearheading to contribute to the relief efforts started by the Red Cross.

You can go here to donate to the Central Texas chapter of the American Red Cross, and a link to other ways you can help can be found here. More information to come as we throw it together. A special thanks to the beautiful and kindhearted Missy at Wonder, Friend for this heartwarming idea!

As for any locals tuning in, next Sunday's Austin Family Brunch, hosted by LiveMom, will be serving as a benefit/donation drive for disaster relief efforts. You can find out more about the event, taking place at Joe's Place on E. MLK, by clicking here

To link up and spread the word, join us below!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails