I've got some serious catching up to do, seeing as how it's been weeks since I've bothered blogging and much has been happening or will be happening soon, but in the meantime, let's start with an obvious one: Jack turned seven months old!
We spent this past Saturday - his seven-month birthday - at a company BBQ for David's new job (well, job he started in February, but still pretty new!), and had a great time! Good food, drinks, volleyball, salsa competition, trampoline time - you name it!
At seven months old, Jack:
- weighs roughly 17ish pounds, and is nearing 28" long (done by super official guesswork based on his last height/weight a month ago....)
- is finishing up the remainder of the size 2 diapers, and then will be in size 3's.
- though he eats solids, he's still mainly breastfed, and he likes it from the tap. No bottles to wash around here!
- enjoys pears, chicken noodle, turkey rice, avocado, mixed veggies, applesauce, sweet potato, bananas (sometimes) and cinnamon oatmeal baby food. Not a huge fan of green beans, but we'll continue to introduce them to see if he changes his mind.
- is grabbing ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING! If it isn't nailed down, expect Jack to find a way to get it in his hands.
- isn't officially crawling, but looks poised to launch anyway now. Until then, he's happy to turn himself in circles - whatever direction mommy is - and roll around. He is also pretty proficient at scooting himself backwards.
- says "mama" very clearly and constantly. He also makes the "ba", "ga", and "da" sounds occasionally, though mama he seems to understand the meaning of, and yells it my direction when anyone else is holding him, or if - God forbid - I set him down.
- still sleeps next to me, and wakes up to eat once or twice a night.
- wants to be held at all times, though will agree to play on the floor with someone if he's in the right mindset.
- enjoys his jumper, the Lion King exersaucer, any toys that make music, esp. the piano table, and anything he can stand up and hold onto. He can't stand up on his own for the most part, but if helped into a standing position, he can sustain it for a while, and he LOVES it. I feel like we're going to have a much happier baby when he can walk. And I feel like that won't be too long at this rate!
- is a total mama's boy, but seems to like women in general. Probably because he's surrounded by them constantly! He really adores Ava, too, of course!
Jackson, we love you so, so much, and these past seven months have been so wonderful being your mother. Happy seven months, baby boy!