Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I Love Motherlove.

This isn't the first time I've talked about Motherlove products on this blog (Don't you just love great deals on the internet?!). If you remember from when Ava was just weeks old, my lactation consultant recommended one of their products, More Milk Special Blend capsules, in order to help boost my dwindling supply, and I can honestly say I credit Motherlove with my ability to have made it through that hurdle to be a still breastfeeding mama today!

So imagine how happy I was when I was contacted by their wonderful PR person about doing a review! Seeing as how I'm not in those early stages of breastfeeding anymore - where their breast pads and nipple cream rule the world - or pregnant (praise Jesus! haha) - where their pregnant belly oil and rhoid creme would come in very handy - I asked to review two of their wonderful salves: Their Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve, and their Green Salve.



I can honestly say that both of these products are at the top of their category. I have been incredibly lucky in that Ava has never had terrible diaper rash (because I'm breastfeeding, perhaps?), but because of her tummy issues with dairy and eggs, occasionally we have a diaper that causes some immediate irritation. We had one such occasion just about a week and a half ago, and I put the Motherlove Diaper Rash & Thrush Salve on her tushy right before putting her to bed for the night. The salve is made with 96% certified organic products, and has a zero rating on the Environmental Working Group's toxin scale (meaning it has ZERO toxins!), so I felt comfortable putting it on Ava's sweet skin. And I was glad I did, since she woke up in the morning irritation-free!



The other product I received, Motherlove's Green Salve, is a lifesaver if you - like me - live in an area where humidity and nearly year-round warm temperatures keep the mosquitoes alive and well all year, leading to those pesky, itchy mosquito bites. While I try to keep Ava covered in mosquito-repellent, bites still happen from time to time, and Motherlove's Green Salve was able to take the itch right out, for me, and - seeing as how she left them alone to heal ASAP - for Ava.

Thank you, Motherlove, for such a mom-, baby- and Earth-friendly line of products!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails