Wednesday, February 2, 2011

(Not At All) Wordless Wednesday. In Fact, WordFUL Wednesday Is More Appropriate.

Good morning! Afternoon? What the hell time is it anyhow?

This is the state of my life these days.

There have been many things keeping me away. See exhibit A & B for starters.

Exhibit A:



That's our fence. Or, what was our fence. Now we currently have one giant backyard which we share with the neighbors. The neighbors who, unless they've come by in the middle of the night, have yet to acknowledge this, and have not answered their door yet. Awesome.

Exhibit B:

I have come down with some cold-like illness that isn't enough to completely debilitate me, but that I can't quite shake. Probably because I'm running around working, writing, trying to launch my business, mothering, and finishing up the Millenium Trilogy. That last one may sound like an optional endeavor to you, but if so, you haven't read the first two. Happily, I knocked out the last of it this morning, and can proudly lay claim to having read all three books of The Hunger Games series and all three of the Millenium Trilogy since January 1. How? I rarely sleep before 1AM. Which, in writing, sounds incredibly idiotic of me. Anyhow, enough rambling, I'm feeling sick. The end. Hopefully it'll go away soon. Like, before I take up with a new book and start sacrificing sleep again.

In other news, sweet A is currently a terror. Like, throws herself on the floor and then scoots backwards while perpetuating a long, whiny cry...just for me. That's the real kicker. And no one believes me. Yesterday, looking flustered, the dry cleaner (yes, the same one who couldn't keep her hands off my belly) asked how A was, to which I responded, "Great, although moving quickly into the terrible twos and throwing some tantrums for her mommy!". And, per the standard response I've been getting when I admit my toddlers monster attitude some days, she said, "That beautiful baby? No way. She's a sweet girl."

Uh huh. If by sweet, you mean the devil incarnate.

OK, OK, she's not really that bad. I adore her, and for the most part she is a smily, happy little munchkin. But if she wants to be held (and since one of her molars on the left side has broken the surface, that's often) and I can't hold her that second (ie. I'm cooking/in the shower/bathroom/etc), homegirl throws a fit. If daddy wants to hold her and she wants mommy, down to the ground she goes. If she wants mommy to read Busy Monkeys for the umpteenth time that hour, and I instead choose to throw myself off the roof take a break to, oh, I don't know, eat dinner, dramamama possesses my child in a way that could quite possibly someday require an exorcism. GAH!

In other news, I have my first client for my business venture, From Two to Three, whom I'll be meeting with two weeks from today. AHHHHHHHHHHH! Exciting/nervewracking, no?!

What is everyone else up to? I feel like I've been absent forever!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry your're sick. Try to get some rest. (Ha ha! That is a joke! As if rest were an option!)

    I'm working a lot and trying to spend as much time with my little one as I can. The usual!

    Congrats on getting your first client!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for the things you're going through right now, but I must say reading your post made me laugh! So at least it's good for something. I love the line about throwing yourself off the roof!! I'm dealing with similar things with Jack. It's frustrating but understandable. I think when the weather warms up and we're not stuck inside all the time, we'll both be much happier.

    Other than that I've been working and trying to clean/organize my house to make a play area for Jack.

    Congrats on the client! That's so awesome and exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to get better.. and fast! Man girl, I have a lot going on but sounds like you do too. I wish you all the luck with your current business endeavor. How awesome!!! :) I want to start my own photography business or some business of some sort but have no clue how to do it. More power to ya. Good luck with the tantrums... B has been kinda whiny lately but he's also been sick... so I give him a pass on that.. but once he gets healthy again... TIME OUT YOU GO! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no.

    Things will get better!!

    Yay for having your first client. I'm so impressed by how quickly you made your business plan, put up a website, advertised and got a client! You go! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails