Monday, January 6, 2014

Ava's 4th Birthday!


Ava is four!!!! Holy cow. I've been her mother for four years, and they have been the single most wonderful years of my life!

This year, we were fortunate in that her birthday fell on a Saturday, and so we were able to have her party on her actual birthday! We also had both my in-laws in town (my MIL has never come to her party before, so it was a big deal for Ava!), and I had some friends in town from Houston/LA/etc that came as well, making it extra special!

Our theme this year was Lion King, since she'd been requesting a Lion King party for the past several months and I ordered all her supplies before I had Jack to ensure it was done in time and not forgotten (side note: this sounds crazy, but was essential to me not scrambling last minute and I would highly recommend it!). We also took the party from our house, where it has been the past several years, to a park, and the weather held up beautifully! It wasn't exactly balmy, but it was in the low 60's, and the rain held off until the very end, when it sprinkled briefly!

Here's some shots of the party set-up:





The worst part of not being able to eat dairy was missing out on cookie cake!!

Happy Birthday, Ava! 




I always adore celebrating Ava's life and the coming year with her, and this year was no exception with all the special people who made the effort to come out and be with us - we love you all so much!



And, of course, one of the birthday girl and her baby brother in matching outfits!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails