Tuesday, April 20, 2010

This Past Weekend...


OK - here I am. Above this you'll find my very favorite picture of Ava I've taken! I have about five whole minutes to myself and just enough energy to post briefly, so I'll leave you with mostly pictures so I can go pass out!

This weekend went well - Ava did GREAT traveling for the first time. She slept the entire way down in the car, and didn't even wake up when we moved her from car seat to travel bassinet. The only hitch was at 4AM when she woke up and didn't know where the heck she was - she freaked for a second, way too distracted to nurse, but quickly recovered. Any by quickly, I mean we both finally fell back to sleep at 6:30. Wah wah.

The visit with the grandparents went well. We did a bit of shopping, and miracle of miracles, we found a second Kitty Bear! YAY! I'd been searching high and low, scouring the internet to no avail, and there in this teensy tiny town's JCPenney was a back-up KB. Hallelujah! Other than our shopping trip and lunch at a local Mexican restaurant (Have you ever tried to order dairy-free from a Mexican restaurant...uh, major fail. Let's just say I snacked all afternoon...), it was a very low-key weekend. I napped Saturday, and sat around reading and getting a bit of writing done.

Sunday we went to visit D's best friend from high school and his wife. They just had a baby last month, though his due date was technically this past weekend. Check out pics of the kiddos together - Weston makes Ava look like gigantababy! Seeing how much she's grown from birth (he's a little bigger in the picture than she was at birth!) makes me proud of my awesome milk :)

"It's OK little buddy - don't be scared!"


Daddies & Babies - adorable!


Ava even slept the majority of the way home, too, despite it being daytime as opposed to bedtime. It was lovely for D and I to get to spend three and a half hours each way just talking and joking and catching up. Sadly, that's the closest we've come to a date since Ava was born.

OK, off to bed. I'm so insanely tired that a few minutes ago I actually had to ask D if I had just gotten up to go to the bathroom a few minutes before, or if I had just thought about it. Unfortunately he was so tired he couldn't remember. That's a pretty good indicator that it's bedtime :)

One last thing - Anyone needing ideas for things to do with older kiddos for Earth Day, click here

3 comments:

  1. Ava is ADORABLE!!!! I unfollowed and re-followed so hopefully it will work now and I can see when you update... otherwise it was showing as the last update 4 months ago!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good weekend. All of my family (minus my dad who lives here) live in NY and I plan on taking Jack for Christmas. It's a 5-6 hour drive without a baby so I can only imagine how long it'll take with. Plus I'll be on my own! It'll definitely be interesting!

    And horray for finding a second kitty bear!! I thought about getting Jack a second lovie while they it's still available, but I don't know if he's going to get attached to the one he has. We'll see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teehee A is so adorable. I love looking back and comparing Connor's size to teeny newborns. It's amazing how much of a difference a couple months makes huh!?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails