Sunday, June 26, 2011

An Exciting Announcement!

Remember how I recently said the wedding was off, and that we'd be eloping to an island somewhere the three of us?

Well, after much perusal and discussion, we just couldn't get into it. A lot of the places that did destination elopements seemed generic and manufactured, and that's the last thing you want for your wedding, right? We explored New York City in detail, as a piece of my heart remains there and I'm dying to share it with David and Ava, but passed on it due to the sheer expense of a hotel for a handful of days. Having found the loveliest woman alive to marry us in New York City, though, I started thinking. Perhaps there was an Austin counterpart to the NYC woman who married people wherever they'd like - be in in Central Park (my choice, obvs!), the Brooklyn Bridge, or any place of your choosing. And, as it turns out, there is!

So, here's the big news. The wedding? It's on, baby. We're combining the best of both worlds: we'll be married in my ideal location in Austin, Texas, our true home and somewhere we felt a bit odd not being married at, considering our true love for and history here. After talking to the City, we're able to do a ceremony on a first-come, first-serve basis, and are choosing to do it on a weekday afternoon, so we'll have free run of the park. And as such? We won't have to pay any rental fees for the venue. We're just paying a nominal fee for the officiant, and even such, it's extremely reasonable!!!!

The best part? Our families will be there. My family (including mom, dad, sisters, aunt & uncle and four cousins and grandparents) will fly in from California for a few days, and we'll do it up bridal party style with pedicures and a hair appointment. David's family will come up as well, though it's only the three of them. And, understandable to anyone who knows me, the D's and the girls will be in attendance as well <3. Perfection. Afterwards, we'll do a reception with lunch, cake and champagne at a local restaurant in a private party room. And Ava? She'll be our flower girl in her gorgeous dress.

Friends, I could NOT be happier. I'm sure we'll have some friends who are disappointed, as we're doing a no friends ceremony (none at all, mainly because if you invite even one, suddenly you're listening to a plethora of "why them and not me?" complaints and it's just DRAMA). But to me? My little family of three joined eternally in front of our families (including the D's) in a most beautiful Central Austin location? Seriously, perfect!

As for my dress....oy. That's the only part of this nonsense I had originally figured out, and now it's the only part left hanging. So, not to sound all bridezilla, I've decided I don't like my original dress. Actually, I decided that almost immediately, but only just have decided that if I am getting to have the wedding I want, I should have the dress I want too. So the search continues. As for my ordered dress, since I obvs can't cancel it, if you know anyone who wants to buy a size 4 gown with a lace-up back, beaded bodice, ruched skirt and long train, let me know (haha. seriously, though!).

3 comments:

  1. So glad you've decided to have a wedding with your family there. Good luck figuring out what to do with the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the small, family only outdoor wedding. I'm so happy for you all! :) I also love your new blog design, especially the header. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds perfect!! I'm so glad you found a solution that will work best for you and D. I can't wait to see photos of the new dress (once you find it!) :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails