Monday, January 23, 2012

Girl's Weekend!


David's bachelor party was this past weekend, so he took off with the boys to Vegas, and my mom, Ava and I got to have a girl's weekend. We had a GREAT time!

Friday, since I unfortunately still had to work, we loaded up all four kids and drove down to New Braunfels to the Natural Bridge Wildlife Safari for the second time. It was awesome.















After we dropped the boys back off at the end of the day, we headed to Michaels to make a quick stop to look for a flower girl basket for Ava. Over $100 and an hour later, we walked out with the makings for some DIY wedding crafts, including A's flower girl basket, her flower girl headband to coordinate, and - most importantly since my bridal portraits were the next morning - the makings for my flowers. I hadn't been planning to do silk flowers, but I wanted a bouquet to do my pictures, and most of all wanted to do wedding stuff with my mom, so we decided on colors and flowers then and there. We spent the rest of the night putting them together and chatting/watching TV and movies together :)

Here's the finished bouquet (pardon the crappy phone picture):



Saturday morning began bright and early, since we were planning to take advantage of the natural morning light for my bridal pictures. I had been stressed about how to do my hair and makeup, since I was planning to have them professionally done and my pictures started at 9am and I had no one booked yet, but my mom and I made it happen. It was awesome. She's definitely the mother of four girls! Ha!

I won't say much about my bridals, except that I always have a hard time in front of the camera that way. When photographed interacting in a normal setting, I'm all about it. But just me, in front of the camera, trying to act natural? FAIL. Thankfully, my photographer is so fantastic, she made it work and I can't wait to see the final product :) There will be a sneaky sneak peek this week for Wordless Wednesday of our flower girl :)




After that was over, we headed over to Central Market to play and eat lunch, since we were all starving after hours of "playing dress up" (Ava was such a trooper!!!!). We had a great afternoon! From there, we went home, and just chilled out for the rest of the night and Sunday before my mom left after lunch, enjoying one another's company. Ava LOVED having grandma in town!!!!!



6 comments:

  1. Sounds like such a fun weekend! I can't wait to see sweet Ava in her flower girl dress. I also can't wait to see you in your wedding dress, but I guess I'll have to wait for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend! That's great you were able to have some girl time with just you and your mom. Love the colors you chose and I can't wait to see the portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bouquet is lovely Bri!! It's just beautiful, I love the depth and different layers to it. I look forward to seeing your Bridal shoot!! I wish I would have done one of those... not as popular in California, but such a good idea! Sounds/looks like a great weekend with your mom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bouquet is beautiful and it looks like you all had a fantastic weekend. I love New Braunfels and the fantastic attractions that town has. I really miss being close enough to visit whenever I wanted. **sigh** I can't wait to see the sneak peek of pictures! Hope you have an awesome week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! Love the flowers and colors - cant wait to see the photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bouquet! Sometimes I really wish I had done silk flowers, because I would have loved to have kept my bouquet! Your colors are gorgeous...can't wait to see the flower girl picture!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails