Saturday, January 14, 2012

Wolfy.

Ava has an imaginary friend.

I would have told you she was a bit young for an imaginary friend. In fact, I don't remember having one until I was five, though I don't remember much at all before I was five, so there is that. Anyhow, Ava's invisible friend has emerged with full force in the past few days, and it's pretty stinkin' adorable.

His name is "Wolfy". And yes, we've clarified that he's a boy. She told us so. She also mentioned that he's blue, and, duh, a wolf. She's been obsessed with wolves since we saw one on Little Einsteins a few months back, and brings them up often, so this really isn't the biggest surprise in that her imaginary friend takes wolf form. I get that she's trying to make sense of her fears, and anytime she talks about being scared, it's always been "wolf!", so this is definitely helping that.

When you ask her about Wolfy, she'll tell you he's a "nice wolf". And lately, that nice wolf is EVERYWHERE. We'll be sitting cuddled up on the couch watching Dora, and she'll say, "Mommy! Wolfy! RIGHT THERE!" Sometimes, she'll pull a pillow off of the couch and lay it on the floor and say, "Wolfy nap". The other day when we were playing outside with our (real) dog, Hank, she told him, "Hank, sit," Adding, "Wolfy sit too." Awwwww.

I kind of like Wolfy, to be honest. And I think it's a cute way for her to work through her fears :)

1 comment:

  1. An imaginary friend - how cute! Say hi to "Wolfy" from us. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails