Thursday, September 19, 2013

Thank You, President Obama!



You may be asking yourself: Why did President Obama buy you a breast pump? And, while I'd love to claim we're secretly BFFs, the direct answer is that he didn't. But thanks to the Affordable Care Act, my insurance went from not covering it whatsoever with Ava, to covering a top-of-the-line breast pump in full! That's right, friends. Not even a co-payment required, and I went from pump-less on Tuesday, on the phone with my insurance for about five minutes giving them my due date and obstetric information, to pump in hand (prior to my due date!!!) a mere six days later! Say what you will about our President (my own remarks tend to be quite positive, obviously), but empowering expectant mothers and providing them the opportunity to have every chance at success with breastfeeding is not only an amazing thing for women, but also an amazing thing for our health care system. Breastfeeding as a preventative measure could save an unfathomable amount of money on health costs. 

Thank you, President Obama!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails