Friday, July 3, 2009

First Trimester Wrap-Up!

A few milestones here today:

First off, it's the last day of my first trimester. 'Bout freakin' time!!!!!!!!! First, I thought it ended at 12 weeks. Then, thirteen perhaps? NOPE. Fourteen weeks starts trimester two, the fabled beautiful, pleasant energy-full trimester will be arriving in four hours. HECK YEAH.

Second, I'm unabashedly fat, and am now wearing maternity pants, which make me look even f'ing fatter, since they don't force your belly in like a harness. Awesome. You should've seen D's eyes when I walked out in them. I think it's nearly facebook announcement time, since baby is announcing his- or herself whether he's ready or not. Holy moses!

Third, I start prenatal yoga either this weekend (ideal), or Monday (significantly more likely). I have only gained a couple pounds (fluctuating between 1.8 and 2.2, so we'll call it an even 2), but I want to continue a SLOW AND STEADY weight gain, rather than blowing up now that I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week (major sad face!), and want to do whatever I can to keep my body in good shape to help* handle the demands of labor. Plus, my bump is only cute in yoga clothes, despite the fact that I'm certain I look closer to five months pregnant than 3.5. Crap!

Happy Fourth of July weekend, everyone! Be safe!

*I am not delusional enough to think that this will help more than .01%. Don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails