Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



Hope everyone is having a glorious Thanksgiving so far! As much as I'm looking forward to a slice of pumpkin pie this evening, what I love most about Thanksgiving is watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade bright and early that morning, taking in the burgeoning scents of Thanksgiving food.

This year we're hosting Thanksgiving, seeing as how I'm a bit too far along to travel comfortably and without risk. I'm pretty happy about the arrangement, seeing as how I LOVE to cook and am just too uncomfortable to head anywhere in a car for several hours. I'm actually quite looking forward to putting the turkey into the oven and starting on some of our family traditions, including my mom's delicious mashed potatoes and one of my other personal faves, candied yams :) Delicious!!

Add to the holiday excitement our last regular season football game tonight, and not only that but the ever-exciting Texas vs. Texas A&M rivalry game, and I can't see a moment of this day that I'm not looking forward to!

In the spirit of Thanksgiving traditions, here are a few things I'm thankful for:

*D, for being so far beyond amazing and supportive as we transition from two to three. I try to play down my public declarations of my feelings for you, but know that I love you and am more thankful for you than you can even imagine.

*Our baby! I cannot wait to meet you!! I know it's cliche to say this, but I could never have imagined loving a little person whom I've never met (though feel constantly!) as much as I love you. Please hurry up and come on out at any time now...

*My family. I always miss you guys so much this time of year, and that goes twice as much for this year as we await our own new arrival. I love you guys!

*D's family. It's so amazing to me that the addition of this new little person into our lives will intertwine our families forever. I'm so happy to be spending this wonderful holiday with you guys, and am ever thankful to have people here that act as my family.

*My home. So many new additions to the house, rooms, etc. this year continue to make this one of my favorite places in the world. I am so blessed in this economy to have kept my house, and am so thankful to have this wonderful place to share with D and our baby.

*The D's. Enough said :)

*Our amazing, enormous cast of loving, supportive and understanding friends. In a hugely trying time for us, all of you have stepped up and embraced the changes in our lives and we couldn't do it without you guys. While you may think it's no big deal, we couldn't do this without your love and support. Also, thank you for not calling me fatty.

*Our pets, as much of a pain in the butt as they may be lately! We only get stressed out about their health and behavior because we love them all SO much, and I am so thankful to have one kitty curled up on my lap right now while the other sleeps soundly in our bed. And yep, pup, I mean you, too.

*We've had a really lucky year as far as the economy goes, and I am ever grateful for having a roof over our heads, power and heat and air conditioning, enough food to fill our bellies (and the babies ever-hungry appetite!), and two working vehicles to keep us able.

Thank you God for all your provide us with, and for the many, many blessings in my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails