Monday, December 21, 2009

Quick Tip for GBS Positive Mommies Yet to Deliver...

...(that probably is just me, at this rate!)

Anyhow, I was left an extremely wise and helpful tip on my blog a week or so ago, and though I've meant to share it before now, things just haven't happened that way. Better late than never, I suppose!

To any of the GBS (Group B Strep) positive mommies...ask your doc about an antifungal beforehand, since the massive dose of antibiotics can give you or baby a kickin yeast infection. In case that wouldn't be bad enough, yeast is the cause of thrush, a very common and painful breastfeeding complication. Breastfeeding is difficult enough to master without painful complications, don't you think? Anyhow, a big thanks for the tip, CraezieLady! I have it on the list of many things to chat with my doctor about at my (hopefully!!!!) last doctor's appointment tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails