Saturday, December 12, 2009

Welcome to Full-Term, Baby B!

The day has finally come! I can do anything and everything I want to try to induce labor, despite none of them really being 'proven', and no one can give me shit about it. It's about time. (And while there is bound to be that woman out there that wants to chime in, "Well, your due date can be off by a couple weeks, blah blah blah," let me assure you that I am well aware of Baby B's real due date since I know when she was conceived. So there. Take that.)

Anyhow, on a similar note, I started eating fresh pineapple like crazy last night. I figure with that one, even if it does absolutely nothing, I love fresh fruit, so what could it hurt? Oh, it hurt. It brought on (or it could be purely coincidence) some contractions, ones that were painful enough that I woke up a few times last night from the pain, each time thinking, So that's what real contractions feel like! Sadly, nothing came of them, and I was so ridiculously drowsy from this past week that I continuously fell asleep. Unfortunately D was also feeling quite sleepy, since when I woke him up the second time saying, "Um, ouch!", he said something akin to, "That's nice, dear" and passed back out. Hopefully I'll go into actual labor during the day...preferably first thing in the morning after a full night's rest. Hmm...perhaps today?! Doubtful. I've given up my hope and premonitions that Baby B will come early at this point :(

It's been pretty cold here, which has put a damper on my ability to walk...not to mention, Baby B is pretty 'engaged', and walking can get uncomfortable really fast. I'm going to try to maybe get some walking done indoors this weekend at the mall or something...wow, didn't think I'd be saying that for another forty years!

Also, in the 'best news ever' category, I've lost 4.5 lbs since Tuesday...apparently the gallon of water a day I've been drinking has done it's job, as I'm currently retaining far less. I am looking a bit swollen though...I guess it's unavoidable at this point. Either way, I'm going to continue to chug that H2O until my appointment Monday, as to avoid another rapid increase at the doctor's office!

That is all for now. I'm watching a lot of you fellow bloggers like a hawk, since your babies are all due any day now. As jealous as I am that you'll most likely get to meet your wee ones before I do, I'm pretty dang excited to see pics/hear names/get stats and, most of all, hear real birth stories that aren't being told just for shock value. Please do share :)

Ok, off to go get ready for the day. We're going to see The Blind Side today because a.) we live in Texas and football is life here, and b.) if there is one consistent piece of advice moms give me, it's go to the movies while you still can. So date day it is!

Happy Saturday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, thank you, thank you for the blog invite!! I have been meaning to email you, but, as you could tell from my post last night, I've been no where near blogger the last few weeks. I was wondering when I got your comment if Baby B was here yet! Keep us updated on everything!! (please??) My family has started taking bets that I won't make it past the 7th (they think the game is going to send me into labor!) and I am scared to death that I'm not going to know what to do when the time comes! Hope to hear the story of Baby B soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full-term's a milestone! Everything after this is gonna be like, "OMG kid, c'mon, MOVE IT ALREADY! The timer's gone off, the roast is done!"

    If it helps, Marianne was born on her due date...if she'd had her way she'd have stayed in there another two weeks or longer, LOL...apparently it's cozy in there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails