Wednesday, December 9, 2009

What A Difference...

...24 hours (and 11 hours of Tylenol PM-induced sleep!) makes! I feel a lot better today, even though I am unfortunately still pregnant. I've vowed to drink 16 glasses of water a day (the gallon they recommend...ha) everyday until my next appointment on Monday, so the constant peeing is throwing a bit of a kink in things, but otherwise, today has gone well.

I am also nesting like CRAZY. I woke up, feeling happy and excited to have gotten some decent rest, and got to work. The first things on my list were to fold the laundry that had been sitting in my dryer since Sunday morning, and then to tackle unloading the dishwasher since the dishes had also been sitting inside since Sunday...oops. Once that was done, I needed to add the additional red garland we had purchased for the tree to the bottom and finish decorating. Pics to come when it's all lit up tonight. Having tackled the obvious things, I started looking for dirt...and unfortunately, thanks to my exhausted state as of late, found it just about everywhere. I cleaned out our laundry room, refolded all the towels and then swept and mopped the laundry room floor. Then I wiped down the upstairs coffee table before moving on to the bathrooms. Oh, the bathrooms. While they weren't dirty per most normal people's standards, I am a total neat freak, and like things to be spotless. An hour and a half and three bathrooms later, you could eat off any surface in any of our bathrooms. I actually cleaned our shower while showering, since that was the only way to get it clean enough (and I needed a shower after all this cleaning).

Hopefully this is a sign of something other than my rampant OCD rearing it's ugly head :)

In other news, I have canceled my meeting with the doula this afternoon. If there is one thing I learned at L&D Sunday, it's how grateful I was every time D and I were left alone. I definitely feel certain now that it's more our style to go through this on our own, and feel confident that if there is anything we/he needs, the nurses can handle it!

Also on the calendar for today: fasting. Well, ok, the fasting part isn't until midnight, but starting at 5pm, I have to cut out ALL meat, ALL dairy, and, most challenging of all, ALL fat. Yep, you read that right. I have to eat a completely fat-free, dairy-free, meat-free diet until after my abdominal ultrasound tomorrow. And while that is entirely doable, depending on the results, I may have to keep it up throughout the rest of my pregnancy. Please, dear readers, fill me in on what the hell I can eat that doesn't have any of those three things? All I've been able to come up with for dinner tonight is rice, fruits and vegetables. Luckily I'm a pretty big fan of produce, but I can tell you how old it's going to get very, very quickly. I can tell you with certainty that if I have to adopt this diet the remainder of my pregnancy, my attitude has zero chance of showing improvement.

1 comment:

  1. When in doubt, go vegetarian when they say meatless...tofu tastes like whatever it is steeped in, and soy sauce has no fat...you can make a yummy teriyaki marinade, stir fry the tofu cubes and some stir-fry veggies over rice.

    Pretty much your only option with those restrictions is an Asian diet. It's the only vegetarian food I've ever been able to eat that has real, actual TASTE.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails