Sunday, October 24, 2010

Book Exchange.

Alright, ladies! Who wants to build their child's library, and connect with other moms and babies? How can you say no to that? ;)

Thanks to Rene over at Just Jack, Ava and I have gotten involved with a book exchange train. It's a great idea and I'm hoping you'll join us as well! I'll send you a letter that looks like this:

Dear __________________________________,
Welcome to our book exchange! That’s right, a book exchange! Send 1 book to the child listed as #1 below , then send 2 copies of this letter 1 filled out and one blank one to 6 friends. Move my child’s name to the #1 spot and your child’s name to the #2 spot on your letter. This is not a chain letter- only fun

It will be great to see where all the different books come from around the country!
If you cannot complete this in 1 week (give or take a few days) please notify me as it is not fair to the children who have participated and are waiting for their own special books to arrive. A manila envelope will work well to mail the book and you can save on postage by requesting media/book mail service. Soon, your child will receive 36 books! That’s right all for sending out one!
Be sure to include your child’s name and address. Seldom does anyone drop out because as you know, children love to get mail! Why spoil the fun?! You should start receiving your books in about 2 weeks if you get your letters and book out right away.

Thank you for your participation and happy reading!

Remember, if you cannot send out a book let me know as soon as possible!

Send Book To:
#1 _______________________
_______________________
_______________________
Age:_____

#2 _____________________
_____________________
_____________________
Age______

Rene's adorable little man, Jack, will be in the number 1 spot and Ava will be number 2. You'll send a book to Jack, and then send letters to 6 other people, moving Ava to the number 1 spot and putting your child's name in the second spot. I'll send you 2 forms - one filled out and one blank for you to use and forward. Let me know if you'd like to join in on the fun! If I already have your address, just tell me you want in. Otherwise, e-mail me your address at unexpectedlyexpectingbaby(at)gmail(dot)com. Because there is personal information and children involved, please only forward this to other mom's you know and trust. We so hope you'll join us :)

3 comments:

  1. I would love to do this, but I don't think I could find 6 other people to participate:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I hope it works out. I'm really excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww... I would LOVE to do this, but don't think it is fair for people to have to mail stuff to me overseas, as shipping can be expensive. Hmm... Would it work if I just had them sent to my Mother-in-law's house? I'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails