Thursday, January 20, 2011

Toddler Time Thursday!

Fitting with my recent switch to referring to Ava as a toddler, she's decided to hold me to that term and start behaving like one. Check it out:

She colors:

She plays with puzzles:

She reads in the car (seems toddler-ish, right?)

She gets into trouble if I turn my head for a second:

She takes up the ENTIRE bed:


Another toddler-appropriate thing she does? She's been using the potty sporadically. We have her using a potty chair, because she's clearly not big enough to get on the actual potty and I think that me setting her on it might be overwhelming/scary, but if I take her pants and diaper off and set her on it, every single time without fail she goes! In fact, she POO'D on it the other day. No joke, friends. I took a picture, but I really feel that posting it would be crossing a line. Ha! I couldn't believe it. She just sat on it and she seemed to be straining a bit, so I thought she was protesting being on it and went to get her off only to find poo! Who thought that it was possible to be SO excited to see poo?! Anyhow, she's peed on it twice and poo'd that one time, but now she seems to be less interested. That's fine by me, since I'm not attempting to potty train her but rather get her used to the potty chair and have her not be afraid of it, so we're not pushing it. Still, yesterday I sat her on it while I went, saying "Look, mommy teetees on the potty, too!" and she wasn't interested and stood up. When I told her "Let mommy finish and I'll get you a diaper, she smiled at me and standing directly in front of her potty chair, peed all down her leg and all over the bathroom floor! HA! She clearly gets what "teetee" means.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. she is adorable. thecoolkidsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I wish we lived closer so the girls could do those toddler things together! Liara has just figured out the appeal of crayons and likes to color now (but only for about 5 minutes, then it's on to something else) and LOVES puzzles. I haven't tried the potty chair, but I'm so proud of Ava for going "teetee" in hers! It's exciting that she's pooped in there too! :) Go Ava Go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a big girl! I can't believe she not only peed on the potty, but pooed too!!! Woohoo! They're growing up so fast. It's unbelievable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a big girl! Ethan loves to color too! Oh and puzzles are another fav.!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails