Monday, January 28, 2013

Cheyenne's Designs Mineral Makeup (and Much More!)

Before I start telling you about this amazing new line of products I've stumbled upon, let me first give you a bit of background about the why and how of it all.

This last year, when making my Christmas list, there was one thing that I wanted above all others: new makeup. Considering I'm nearing the big 3-0, I'm a bit too old to be wearing drugstore makeup, am I right? Plus, I have been unsatisfied with my makeup over the past six months or so, and the condition of my skin in general as well. I also have a mother who doesn't really wear makeup, so my knowledge of high end makeup brands and application and brushes (ahh!) is really, well, lacking. Anyhow, I purchased a Groupon for a set of makeup brushes, and felt it was high time to upgrade my makeup to be worthy of them!

Always one to stick to the list, sure enough, I got a gift certificate to Nordstrom and some cash from both my husband and my in-laws, and off I went the day after Christmas, armed with newly acquired Facebook knowledge on what I should get. Though I enjoyed my mini-makeover, that glow faded when I was slapped in the face with a price tag worth hundreds of dollars. I mean, no offense Bobbi Brown, but nearly $50 for foundation? Is it made from flecks of Gold? Is the shine element in that eyeshadow real diamonds? Yowsa. Discouraged, I decided to sleep on it, not wanting to shell out hundreds for makeup that would inevitably run out and need to be replaced.

Enter the amazing Cheyenne's Designs Mineral Makeup. For those of you who follow me on Facebook, you'll know I like to post. A lot. Anyhow, I'd been posting about wanting new, high-quality makeup when a friend suggested Cheyenne's Designs to me, and after a bit of facebook chat and some rapid-fire emails, I had a personalized makeup kit en route to me to try out, with a price point that beat everything else out of the water!


 Cheyenne's Designs is run by Debbie McAlester, a woman who is so friendly and knowledgeable about makeup that I immediately knew I would be happy with her products. Anyone who is that enthusiastic about their products must have a good thing going, right, and you can tell that she puts her heart and soul into her products. My package also arrived before expected - a really nice bonus at the end of a long day!

Though it's always wonderful to have a good relationship with a company you buy from, the real test of a business is their product, and let me tell you - this makeup did not disappoint. I had heard it compared to Bare Minerals, as it is a mineral makeup that she grinds out herself, and though I've not used Bare Minerals myself, I can definitely say that it covers and wears the way I would expect BM, with their foundations priced around $30. If you're wondering, the comparable foundation through Cheyenne's Designs? A mere $9.00!

When I put it all on, I noticed first how soft and smooth my skin felt, and also how perfectly the colors she suggested worked with my skin tone. The two eyeshadows (coffee and chocolate - two of my favorite things, ironically!) matched the two that Bobbi Brown had suggested, but at a fraction of the price ($5!). I honestly could not be happier with my decision!

(Pardon the awful pictures - is there a good way to take a self pic?)

Aside from foundation, they also sell powders, concealer, blushes, eyeshadows, and lip color, as well as body products such as soaps and candles, and are working on expanding their bath and body product line. I can attest to their soap line confidently as well, as I mentioned to her when placing the order that my skin has been more sensitive since Ava was born, and she sent me a Rosemary Goat soap that cleared a breakout right up! Now that's customer service! They also come in this sleek black packaging that looks just as nice as your department store make-up, but again - a FRACTION of the price!



If you're curious, I'm wearing Foundation in Moonkissed, Mineral Veil Setting Powder, Blush in Perfect Pink, Eyeshadows in both Chocolate and Coffee, and Lipstick in Pink Magic.

Though I was completely satisfied, I was curious as to if others would notice a difference. This past weekend I spent the day out at the Oasis for a local conference for entrepreneurial women called MomCom, and sure enough - I got a ton of compliments on how I looked! I cannot say enough good things and recommend Cheyenne's Designs products highly enough!

You can learn more about Cheyenne's Designs at their Facebook page.

(Note: I was given a mineral makeup kit, as well as a Rosemary Goat soap, for the purpose of this review. That being said, I only review products that I feel are exceptional and think others will enjoy and benefit from as well, and therefore the opinions expressed are entirely my own.)





2 comments:

  1. It's always awesome to find an awesome product as a reasonable price!!! Yay for you for finding something that really works for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soap really is amazing! I just did a review, as well. My blackheads are GONE! So cool!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails