Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pollyanna Children's Theatre Presents The Family of Ree.

Earlier this week, I told you all about a show that was coming to the Rollins Studio at the Long Center for the Performing Arts, entitled The Family of Ree. I was lucky enough to score tickets to the show for myself, Ava and one of the little girls that I watch, and so off we went to spend part of a day at the theatre. I was a bit uncertain of how it would go over in the few minutes leading up to the show, as toddlers are notoriously busy, but as I stepped foot into the production, I knew it would not be an issue.

The set was done so beautifully, and in such brilliant and vivid colors, that there was no way to not be caught up and attentive to it! Add to that a cast of individuals who all shined in their roles, colorful costumes and exuberant props, and I had two still, well-behaved little girls who were captivated by the production.

I won't give too much away, but The Family of Ree was based on a book of the same name by Scott Sutton, and was adapted true to form, with a message about being kind to our environment and being honest to ourselves and our friends - a moral that hits home for anyone at any stage of life!

Pollyanna Children's Theatre has recently been named the resident children's company at the Long Center, and watching the actors on stage left no doubt about why. From their stage presence to their articulate yet boisterous performances, I didn't feel like I was at a children's performance but a family-centered performance - one that was fun and entertaining for us all.

The Family of Ree runs January 24-27 at the Rollins Studio Theatre in the Long Center. Showtimes vary based upon day, but if you've got youngsters, I highly recommend the 11am show. If you've yet to get tickets, you can secure tickets online for the remaining shows here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails