Monday, February 22, 2010

Dear Monday,

I hate you.

Today's not going so well. In fact, I'm pretty certain mommy was in need of a cocktail around 9AM (Kidding, but you know the sentiment!).

First off, that gorgeous day yesterday? Apparently it was an anomaly, with today being in the 30's & 40's, and 2-4 inches of snow expected between tonight and tomorrow night. Excuse me, what?!?! This is Austin, not Boston. Geeeeeeeeez.

Second, Ava has reverted to some old sleeping habits this weekend - just refusing to go to sleep. The funny thing is that she's ready for bed at 8:30, and so I try to put her down, and basically spend three hours continuously putting her pacifier back in. Last night, I think it was after midnight. WTH! I'm so exhausted, and not feeling quite myself, and I'm not feeling any better on no sleep. On top of that, I've had some trouble putting her back down after the 2/3AM feeding here and there, something that never happened before.

THIRD, Ava has been Princess Fussypants the past couple of days. I swear, she's cried more in the past 48 hours than she has the past eight weeks. It makes me very sad, and also more than a little on edge. If it keeps up through tonight and into tomorrow, I'm taking her into her pediatrician since it's just SO unlike her. She doesn't have a fever, but she really seems to not feel herself. One of my ears is bothering me, so I'm starting to wonder if it's that. Also, my mom had two teeth at two months, so I keep checking her mouth just in case it's that - from what I've experienced with teething, it would make complete sense. I just really hope she's not cutting teeth this early...that would pose a breastfeeding catastrophe!

Anyhow, I just needed to vent. I'm sleepy, cold, REALLY MISS SWEETS!!!!!!!!!!, and look like crap because homegirl wouldn't nap for long enough for me to take my hair out of a ponytail, let alone put on makeup and coordinate my clothes.

Perhaps tomorrow will be better.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I can attest to the early teething potentially running the family. Marianne started the teething drool-fest at 3 months...and two weeks later, we had her two bottom teeth.

    She is currently cutting her top two incisors...and her front teeth are coming in the rest of the way rapidly.

    I imagine she got the early-teething gene somewhere along the way in the family genes.

    So here's hoping Ava feels better and starts sleeping again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails