Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update on PPD.

I'm going to put my thoughts on weaning off my medication for PPD on hold. Here's why.

I've mentioned recently in a smattering of posts that I'm not quite feeling myself. I'd been tired, nauseous, down, emotional. If I didn't know better, I'd have thought I was unexpectedly expecting baby #2 (don't worry mom, I'm not!!!). Then, I realized that - doh! - I forgot to pick up my prescription refill that I'd run out of the week before. Yep, that's right. I forgot for nearly seven consecutive days in a row. Someone get me a personal assistant, puh-lease....

Anyhow, if there was any question on whether or not I felt ready to wean off the meds, that clears it up for me. I'd definitely been feeling much more down and much more reminiscent of those first post-baby days, and that is not a path I'm wanting to walk ever again. Add to that my predisposition towards depression in different times in my life, and it just seems like the best answer for me is to stay on the Zoloft. And I'm totally fine with that - it doesn't bother me or make me feel like less of a mommy at all. In fact, if it can help me function properly and meet my potential to be the best mommy I can be, isn't that all that matters?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails