Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Birthday Party, A Craft Project & A Bout of Food Poisoning...

Let's start with yesterday first, since that's more fun!

Yesterday was P's eighth birthday party at the super awesome, throwback-to-my-childhood Skate Center! Woot! Despite it coming on the heels of one lonnnnnng day, we went and took A with us, and I'm so glad we did! She obviously couldn't skate - they didn't even have skates in her size - but she had a great time making us chase her all over the rink, playing defense to her desire to skate. Fail. Other than that, though, she was great! And who could blame her for wanting to skate? I spent half the party in flashbacks to my childhood of backwards couple skating to Mariah Carey. Ahh, memories.






The rest of the day was pretty eventful as well, with Ava having gymnastics, me having to work, and a bunch of errands in store. Oh, and a meetup with my mom's group. Here was the fruit of our errand-running labors:




One of the cool things about being a nanny is that while most people are saying, "I wish they'd had that when I was a kid," I'm out there taking full advantage of these new ideas for kids. Case in point: Ceramics Bayou (a name it took me three full trips to finally get...oops!). It's one of those paint-your-own-pottery places that has popped up all around Austin in recent years, and I love it! Ava always lends me a hand (literally) for my projects, since that's about as creative as I get. I highly suggest checking out Ceramics Bayou if you're in the Austin area!

Now for the less fun news. Sunday night, we decided to use our Groupon to The Melting Pot. NIGHTMARE. Though the fact that my toddler was running amok the entire time (I didn't realize the meal would take HOURS!) had nothing to do with the restaurant - my bad - I did, unfortunately, get some pretty serious food poisoning. We're talking, I was sick before we even got home :((( Super sick. Ugh. I'm only just now feeling more like myself and less like a wisp of a person. To make matters worse, we didn't even get to eat together, since one of us was busy taking Ava outside to play while the other ate, AND we accidentally ran off without A's babydoll, Baby Sophie. Thankfully, D played the part of the White Knight and rescued her post-birthday party!

As to the food poisoning, I hate to sound bitter, but I don't think I can ever set food inside there again. I adhered strictly to the cooking times, and yet still ended up as sick as I'd ever been, and I'm guessing it was the shrimp. In that way, it was actually a blessing in disguise that Ava was being Satan's toddler, since she normally eats off of my plate. The only thing worse than a violently ill mommy would have been a violently ill Ava. It pains me to even think about it!

Either way, it's passed now. I'm feeling well enough to drink coffee (thank God, since I could've used it yesterday!), so that's a big plus, and today is a new day!

Happy Tuesday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, skate parties. The stuff a great childhood is made of!

    That STINKS about food poisoning. Drew got sick like that when we were in Italy and couldn't eat pork chops for a really long time. I can't blame you for not wanting to go back. Feel better soon!

    {by the way - I had to laugh when you called Ava "Satan's toddler" I feel like that description fits A all the time recently. ha!}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails