Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Day Two: Railtown, Columbia, and Dinner with Dad!

With our long day of travel behind us, and another travel day ahead of us (we were planning a trip to Yosemite for day three!), we didn't venture out too far Friday. My mom had to work that morning while my sisters were in camp, so we went for a little walk on the ditch (the creek that runs through our area), and then went to visit a bit more with my grandparents. They had been up for dinner the night before, but we wanted a bit of one-on-one time with them.



Ava had a blast playing peekaboo with her papa:



After we had visited with them for a bit, we grabbed lunch, and then met up with my mom and sisters at Railtown, a historic train park for the Sierra Railroad.











 We ended up leaving Railtown earlier than we had planned, since the trains weren't running on a weekday, and so we headed out to Columbia, a historic gold mining village. We had actually taken Ava there the first time we had brought her out to meet my family four years ago, though she clearly didn't remember :)















In an effort to never sit still over vacation, we made plans to meet my dad for dinner after leaving Columbia. My parents divorced since the last time I was home, so I wasn't sure how to fit it all in diplomatically, but it worked out perfectly, and we had a great visit! Whatever happened with my parents, he was my dad for nearly twenty years, and nothing could change that.




We rounded out the day by heading home and hitting the sack early - Ava woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4am that morning due to the time change and excitement, so we were straight up beat, and needed to rest up for our next adventure: Yosemite!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails