Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sunday Strolling & Random Musings.

Lately, D is really on my nerves. I know that most women feel this way, but geeeeeez he's driving me crazy.

Take for example this morning. I took little A to church, just the two of us like ALWAYS, giving him the entire morning to get the things he needs to done. Like, mow the lawn. Or perhaps install the flat screen TV lock? Maybe even take over some of the things I don't have time to do lately, like fold the laundry that's been in the dryer for two days or vacuum the downstairs with the fancy new vacuum? No?

Instead I come home to an unshowered man playing Halo and refreshing ESPN.com.

Don't think you're not replaceable, mister.

I wish I could just sit around like a lazy bum and yet have an immaculate house, home-cooked meals, a happy, well-rounded, active baby, and so on.

I feel a strike coming on.

*For those visiting from Sunday Strolling, I hereby promise that I do not usually spend entire posts complaining. Just today.*
Sunday Strolling Blog Hop

9 comments:

  1. Hmmmm, I think I know exactly how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MEN. That three letter word bothers me sometimes...I can totally relate. Last weekend I walked down a busy highway in heels cause I didn't want to deal! Have a nice Sunday otherwise:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now following you from the Sunday Strolling Blog Hop! Please follow me back!
    http://christlikemommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi..Following you from bloghop...would love to have you follow back!
    http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower. Cute kiddo. I hope you can me back at http://mylifeadventurebyme.blogspot.com/.
    God Bless,
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower from Sunday Strolling. I would love a follow back. Have a blessed Sunday.

    http://diaryofadevildogwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I could relate. I do know how it feels to need/want time to get things done, but the only time I get is after Jack goes to bed at night. By the time I finish dishes and eating dinner (and this is after being at work all day), I am exhausted. Usually I'll sit and watch some tv or get on the internet. Then I feel bad that I didn't get the laundry folded or whatever it is. We need a break sometimes! Does he know how you feel? He needs to walk a day in your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL men, they are universally the same aren't they? I know about the Halo thing especially. Maybe you should go on Wife Swap or something. That usually ends in the husband being more appreciative and helping out more lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha. I can't be too hard on J, since he's been single-daddying since I went to D.C. for work...and he does do things like mow the lawn and such.

    However, men don't get that you want stuff done till you say so. I got lucky with J...we wound up splitting chores based on what we preferred to do...I don't mind bathroom and kitchen bleachfests, vaccuuming or any of that...J does laundry and mows the lawn. So we divide the 'ol chores list based on the ones we do the most often, and things get done.

    The trick is not to get too upset over it and make sure that D hears a sweet suggestion of, "Dear would you mind taking out the garbage/walking the dog/etc." If D's good about loving something you make, bribery works good too. :)

    If you do it all yourself, it only leads to resentment, and no one is capable of doing that all the time. Hang in there hun.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails