Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Vacation!

It's the week that I spend all year looking forward to: my summer vacation.

Now, let me clarify. I keep getting well-meaning questions asking where we're vacationing. HA! By vacation, I just mean that I don't have to go to work for an ENTIRE week. Booyah! It's, in short, amazing.

Now we all know that stay-at-home mom's bust their tails. Being a mom is hard work, and being the one putting out the fires day in and day out can wear on you - I'll be the first to admit that. So I'm using the term vacation loosely, since now I'm only wearing one of my usual SAHM and working mom hats. It's just so nice to be able to go do things in the mornings without having to worry about if I'm messing with our afternoon schedule and how that's going to impact how my day goes at work. Also? Great to be able to make morning trips out without having to think of making a second trip downtown and the eleventy trillion dollars in gas all of it will cost me.

Bliss.

So far, we've played it a bit low-key. Yesterday we had A's gymnastics class (Mommy Brag Moment: Ava can now walk across the thin-ish balance beam, pick up the bean bags, and turn around WITHOUT holding anyone's hand!!!!!), and before that, we explored the library for an hour or so. Oh, and we took a trip to Target yesterday morning, where I spent $100 on nothing. And by nothing, I mean sheer awesomeness. Man, I love Target.


Today's agenda includes a super fun outing with my mom's group, followed by some swimming this afternoon. I may also nap with A when she takes her nap, seeing as how my eyes are shutting as I type this. Turns out our new blackout blinds make everyone sleepier!

Anywho, back tomorrow for Wordless Wednesday. Until then, enjoy your Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. This is so late but hope you are having a wonderful vacation...! And I want to commend you on how good you are with updating your blog, etc. You definitely have that SUPERMOM gene!!! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails