Monday, October 5, 2009

ACL Highlights.

Here's a few pictorial highlights from this weekend's ACL Festival:

Phoenix (Friday)


John Legend (Friday)


Them Crooked Vultures (Friday)


Kings of Leon (Friday)


Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Friday)


The Virgins


!!! (Saturday)


Grizzly Bear (Saturday)


(Sadly, I only got photos up until 3:45 Saturday, since I didn't want my expensive camera getting ruined by the rain. I must say, though, that Citizen Cope put on a GREAT show, as did Bon Iver, The Decemberists and DMB.)

The B52's (Sunday)


White Lies (Sunday)


Toadies (Sunday)


Arctic Monkeys (Sunday)


Passion Pit (Sunday)


Ben Harper & The Relentless7 (Sunday)


Girl Talk (Sunday)


Dan Auerbach (Sunday)


Pearl Jam (Sunday)


Favorites? Definitely Passion Pit, White Lies, Girl Talk & Phoenix!

Am I glad I went? Of course. Am I even more glad it's over? Absolutely! Besides weathering just about all the elements (less snow, of course), it's just plain difficult maneuvering a nearly seven-months-pregnant body through a crowd of 65,000+ people a day! I'm already off balance, which the mud/DilloDirt (if you don't know what that is, trust me - don't ask) did nothing to help, and then throw in hoards of people wasted/tripping on just about every imaginable substance, and it's nothing short of a miracle that I managed to stay on my feet all weekend! Would I recommend this to another pregnant woman? Probably. Might as well go now while I'm still childless and only have to carry her on the inside, right? Just be forewarned...it was a LONG weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails