Tuesday, October 13, 2009

B & the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

Just a warning, I'm going to vent and whine and piss and moan about life. Read on if you dare...

T is for Terrible
U is for Unrelenting
E is for Expensive
S is for Shitty
D is for Disastrous
A is for Assanine
Y is for Yelling at everyone in sight (?)

Why the Tuesday anagram? Because it's a nice little way to sidetrack my brain from it's desire to cry like a little girl. You see, I'm having a crappy day, though I know I'm overreacting to what is easily a situation a normal person could just get over.

Most importantly and stressful, LBK (little black kitty) is sick. Like, throwing-up-everything-she-eats-or-drinks sick. So, naturally, still feeling insane guilt from her massive UTI/kidney stones/etc a couple weeks ago, I took her to the vet. She hasn't been able to keep down food in nearly two days, and the poor little thing looks like shit. Not to mention, she's dehydrated, and one of the things she's missing out on besides food and water is her meds. Lovely combo. Anyhow, this morning D took her to the vet, since I wasn't able to. I wouldn't mind spending the $95 for bloodwork that was needed IF it had proven helpful to diagnose her. Instead, we flushed $95 down the toilet to hear, "Hmm..must be trying to rid her system of something." While I'm very relieved to know that she isn't poisoned, which is what it was looking like, I'm irritated by the $155 vet bill. It wouldn't be that bad, but add to it the one from two weeks ago, and we're hitting a nice $350 for LBK's vet care in the past two weeks. Sounds like it's time for pet insurance.

The morning didn't start great either. I didn't sleep well, knowing how sick LBK was, and ended up getting up at 4:45, rather than toss and turn for another hour and a half. The up side I suppose is that tonight's dinner was in the crockpot and the linens LBK threw up all over last night were back on the bed before 6:30AM, but I am TIRED. And the reason I woke up the final time was due to a bit of pain in my abdomen, which has not entirely gone away as of yet. Thanks, stress.

Also, I took S to preschool this morning for a change, and I don't know if it was having her mom not be there to drop her off, or a lack of sleep on her part also, but she immediately started to cry really sad, crocodile tears, and kept saying, "B, don't goooooooooooooo!" Hurts my heart still just thinking about it. And I thought I was immune to this type of stuff...

Also, while I enjoy the rain because I'm too fat and lazy to water my own grass right now, it's raining for the FIFTH. STRAIGHT. TUESDAY. That, of course, is the day I run errands. So I'm soaking wet and look like a drowned rat with a white-girl jew fro. Fantastic. And I'm out of Twilight books to read until the library emails saying Breaking Dawn is ready for pick up. Wah.

The good news is that in four and a half glorious hours, D & I will be home to watch a movie/watch the DVR and eat warm, delicious pot roast. Just four and a half more hours....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails