Friday, October 23, 2009

Freaky Friday.

Today has gone strangely well, considering how much I didn't want to go to work this morning. It's been quite the hilarious day, if I can say so myself.

First off, S has been adorable. She ran around singing, "Let me out, let me out" and then pointing at my belly and saying, "Your baby is saying that," to me. So cute. Then she started in with "Gimme food, gimme food," around lunch time, and "I wanna wear that, I wanna wear that," when we were in Ross picking up some baby dresses for church. Apparently S has supersonic hearing.

Then, while at lunch, I was having a few B/H contractions that were bordering on uncomfortable. Apparently my poker face sucks, since the busboy walking by stopped to ask if I was OK, and after assuring him I was, then added, "Well I've delivered a baby before, just so you know, in case it comes to that." Awesome. I thought it was hilarious. I guess I could see how to a man I might look ready to burst, but I'm not that big! And while I appreciate his offer, I'd gladly sacrifice finishing my lunch in order to give birth in a hospital hooked up to an epidural, "if it came to that".

After lunch (ya know, once I had eaten through half the menu), we went to Toys 'R Us to pick up some birthday gifts for upcoming kiddo's birthday parties. No big production there, except while I was paying the guy behind the register, who was about my age, said, "Whoa. You're pregnant. That must be miserable." He's my favorite person of the week. Thank you, buddy, for not expecting me to lie and say it's great and that I'm glowing and that it's a miracle. You'd be surprised how many people ask you how your pregnancy is going or how you're feeling and fully expect you to lie and gush about how much you love the experience. Right as we were exchanging the requisite "Have a nice day!" post-shopping exchange niceties, he said, quite awkwardly, "Well good luck with that. You know, pregnancy and all." His co-workers just laughed. It was quite adorable.

Now to finish out my workday, head home, put my feet up and ride out the rest of my 20-something weeks and head into my thirty-something weeks! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails