Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some Great Books for Parents of Toddlers.

I'm away today hanging out at Gorgeous Millie, this wonderful new local, teacher-led playspace with Ava, my grandma, and my friend Kristin and her son, but I wanted to post some great book recommendations for those with toddlers. I've been doing a bit of reading about how to handle certain behaviors and encourage discovery and learning in everyday activities of late, and have stumbled across some amazing texts:

First, despite being outdated in it's format and pictures, Your Child at Play: One to Two Years was extremely helpful. With the subtitle, "Exploring, Learning, Making Friends and Pretending", this book was essential in providing insight into the psychology behind certain troublesome behaviors, and then - best of all - real-life solutions and suggestions to make them easier. Great book!


Also, Baby Days is great for coming up with new, fun learning activities and opportunities for your child, both now and as he/she grows. This book is particularly great on for when the weather is bad, or you feel like you're in a playtime rut!


Last, but not least, here's one that is more for mom than at parenting baby: Naptime is the New Happy Hour. Don't we all need someone to commiserate with from time to time?


Have a fantastic Thursday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestions. Funny, I just posted about how I haven't read a book in forever. I believe I'll start with "Naptime is the new Happy Hour". Seems very appropriate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails