Friday, July 13, 2012

Making a Namescape.

The summer days are starting to get...long. As such, we've resorted to checking my Pinterest boards to put to good use all the time I've wasted in the past six months staring at the computer screen pinning great ideas to do when I'm not...staring at my computer screen. Anyhow, I've got some pretty elaborate kid boards, including kid food, kid fun and kid crafts, and so we took to the kid crafts board this week to dig out something to do when Ava was feeling the midday lull.

Our first project we selected was definitely due to ease of creation. I'm not the craftiest mom on the block, so anything involving tape, paper and paint as the only supplies is right up my alley.

Here's how we made a namescape for Ava's room:

Step 1: Get out a large sheet of paper (larger if your child happens to be name Sebastian or something of the like), as well as your choice of paints (we used finger paints with our paint-brushes...we like mixed medium art :P ) and the obvious water and paintbrushes (unless you want to use your fingers - then more power to you!). You'll also need either duct tape, packing tape, or scotch tape, if you want the letters thinner.

Step 2: Using the tape (we used mailing tape - we wanted it very dramatic!), spell out your child's name on the paper. You'll want to do this part yourself unless your child is school-aged and dexterous. 

Step 3: Let your child let loose with the paints, covering the entire sheet of paper.

Step 4: Let the paint dry overnight, then remove the tape (this is harder than it sounds, at least if you use mailing/packing tape, but not too bad).

Voila!:
Pinterest credit

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I've had this one pinned for awhile now and it does seem like an easy one. I definitely need to do more of these projects, and you might have just motivated me to do so! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this back when I was a nanny... They used to make their mother's day cards by spelling out mom instead of their names. Try electrical tape, I found that to be the easiest to remove! ;) I like Ava's! Y'all did a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails