Friday, May 18, 2012

Vacation Week Recap.

It's Friday night. You know what that means? Time to par-tay! Wait. No. That's not it. Maybe five years ago, yes, but tonight, well, I'm holed up on the couch, laptop, phone and remote all within reach. I'm catching up on the season finale of Scandal (side note: if you're not watching that show, you NEED to be. SO GOOD!), sorting through pictures, and eating leftover wedding cake. And you know what? That's about the best Friday night I can imagine :)

I haven't been the best with posting this week, and for once, I can't say anything about being too busy. In fact, I've been on vacation from my "main" job, and I let that mindset carry on into my screen time as well, mainly unplugging. While I'd like to say that was mainly my idea, part of the reason I've been unplugged is because last Friday, while in the parking lot of a Chuck E. Cheese to attend a four-year-old's birthday party, I slammed my finger in the door of my car, breaking it and causing a huge (and incredibly painful) build-up of blood underneath my fingernail, all of which has made typing difficult, to say the least. Thankfully, a doctor's visit, a finger splint and a week have made a big difference, and the pain has mainly subsided.

We had a great week off, even though I still had to work afternoons at my second job. It was so fantastic to be able to not have to get Ava out of bed before she's ready in the mornings, and to not be rushing constantly. We spent many a great day hanging out in the backyard, enjoying the fabulous weather and our awesome new backyard sandbox, as well as had a chance to host playgroup at our house (an experience that was not in line with my vacation mindset and will not be repeated my next week off - ha!). Check out some pics of this week:

Hosting playgroup (with twelve children!):



Fun in the sun!




We caught up with our old friend Bevo at the Tiny Tails to You petting zoo story time:




We also said goodbye to three of our four bunnies that day, when the petting zoo agreed to take them in as rescues :) We're so happy they now have a good home, but we were sad to see them go! We did keep one, though. More on her later!


Ava rode around on her bike. In her swimsuit. In our kitchen. Whatevs.


We did a bit of swimming, one of our faves!


All this vacation-ing left someone a wee bit sleepy :)


All in all, we had a fantastic week! There were a few hiccups - the broken finger, followed by an allergic reaction to an antibiotic I was prescribed that left my tongue swollen to the point of being blistered and my gums and lips numb, but at least it wasn't allowed to get worse and I was safe :) Those two things aside, though, this week was simply lovely. The only bad part of vacation is when it's over, and I'm definitely feeling a bit of the back-to-work-blues. Oh, to be able to stay at home. Someday....

Hope everyone had a great week as well! Back to regular blogging and blog reading this coming week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails