Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Gourmet by Numbers: A (Tasty!) Review.

If you know me, you might know that I love food. Really, really love food. I even love to cook. The problem always seems to be the planning ahead. Meal planning, list-making, grocery shopping, food prep...who has time for that? Luckily for me, that answer to that question came in the form of a local company, Gourmet by Numbers, owned and run by lovely Austinite Heather Amalaha.

Taking the dinner process and simplifying it to fit a busy, family-centric, city lifestyle, Gourmet by Numbers offers customers fully-prepped, ready to go meal kits for delicious sounding recipes. Choosing from a menu of delicious classics, such as Roasted Cornish Hen with Creamed Spinach and Wild Rice; Pan-Seared Steak with Red Wine-Mushroom Sauce with Blue Cheese Smashed Potatoes and Sauteed Spinach; or Herbed Baked Chicken Fingers, Three Cheese Mac-and-Cheese and Sauteed Swiss Chard with Bell Peppers (my mouth is watering just thinking about these!), your meal kit arrives fully prepped and includes everything you need - including step-by-step, user-friendly instructions - to tackle dinner on even the busiest of nights! You can even send her your own recipe for her to shop and prep for you - how awesome is that?

For my review, I chose the Greek Lamb Sliders with Garlic Oven Fries. Full disclosure: I wasn't sure how I would feel about the lamb. This was a more adventurous departure from my usual chicken, grain, veggie type of meal, and let me tell you: It did NOT disappoint. 

Here's how my food arrived:

 (bonus points for the super cute cooler bag that I've used twice since!)

And here's a bit of the cooking process:

I was worried that not being familiar with lamb, the prep work would be more difficult, but thankfully, it was as easy as if I were making sliders with ground beef. Just smash the meat together with the packaged ingredients thoughtfully marked "2" (for "second step", the first being garlic oven fries), and voila!

pre-oven...

...post-oven!

Slider filling/topping

Oven fries!

This meal was super simple to make - so much so I was able to throw it together after sitting in traffic post-pool with both kids and still pull it together in time! Not only was it simple, but it was delicious! I ate seconds, and then ate it again for lunch the next day!  

A big thank you to Heather for allowing me to sample her delicious meals at Gourmet by Numbers! Next on my list? The pan-seared steak!

1 comment:

  1. I've used my bag again several times -- super cute! I am planning on ordering again. SO good!
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails