Thursday, December 20, 2012

Christmas in Austin: Rock'N Lights at Old Settlers Park.

This past weekend, David was laid up after having an impacted wisdom tooth taken out. Translation = mom had to take the reins and be more on top of her game than usual all weekend. Naturally, I did what I always do when faced with the chance of a bored child: I planned an outing!

There wasn't much that D was feeling up to doing, especially given the need for pain pills, so I thought to take a quick trip to Round Rock (ten minutes north, unless you take my special "back way", then it turns into 45 minutes of road work. Oops.) to see the Rock'N Lights Show at Old Settlers Park. I had a few friends that had gone with mixed reviews - those who saw it for free at one point said it was awesome. Those that paid the $15 per car fee, though, were less impressed. I wanted to go and decide for myself.

There is little I can say negative about the lights themselves. They're gorgeous, well thought out and original, organized into little sections like "Celebration Town USA" and the "12 Days of Christmas". Ava was definitely entertained, despite being exhausted, and would definitely give them a glowing review! My only complaint whatsoever is the price. $15/car seems a little steep to me, given that the trail is less than 2 miles long. Sure, you're barely moving, so it still took us a good twenty or so minutes, but still...just my opinion.

Other than that, we had a lovely time! Here are a few of our favorite displays:

















If you've been yet to the Rock'N Lights in Round Rock, what did you think? And if not, here is a coupon for $5 off if you go Monday-Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails