Friday, December 21, 2012

Friendly Friday: Cookies for Firemen.

After writing my post this past Tuesday about ways in which we can cultivate love and peace and all that is good in the world in the wake of last week's tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, I made a list of things we could do. First on the list, inspired by Kristin of Two Cannoli, was taking some cookies to a local fire station.



We chose to take cookies to the Jollyville station, since that is where my mom's group toured last August, and I was so happy I did. The cookies and thank you card we brought were received with lots of happiness from the guys, who were training that day and could use the extra fuel! Better yet, they gave Ava a junior firefighter sticker and let her take a picture with them on the front bumper.

You could say she looks completely satisfied with herself:
That's my girl.

What ways do you give back to your community? How do you teach your children about being conscientious and kind citizens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails