Friday, December 21, 2012

If The World Ends Today...

Today, driving down 360 and taking in all the beauty of Austin, from the roadside Christmas trees to the multi-colored sunrise, I started to tear up. No, not because I'm worried the world might end (wouldn't it have happened by now anyways? Those Mayans - always the jokesters!). Instead, it was because of the realization that if it really were to end, I would've gotten everything I ever wanted out of life.

This morning I awoke next to my beautiful daughter, watched her hug and kiss her father before we left for the day, listened to her chatting during our commute, talked to her about how decorating a Christmas tree on the side of 360 was like a gift to the other commuters, who always found joy in it each day, took presents to the girls I work with, and reminisced about taking cookies to the firefighters earlier this week. We shared our favorite moments of last night's trip to the Trail of Lights at Zilker Park, I watched her hug and play with two of the beautiful girls that we share our days with, I put some light up ornaments on our Christmas tree that my mom sent to us to add to our collection.

Everywhere I look, my life is full of joy.

I love so many people with my whole heart, and am loved in return by many. I could not possibly be happier with the city I call home, and embrace all that it has to offer my family and me. I have a job that I love, one that matters to me, and one that matters for what I want to teach Ava about the world.

If the world ends today, I will leave this world knowing I lived a happy and complete life.

That being said, I'm happy that the world has gone on. I'm excited for every remaining second I have to be a wife, a mother, a nanny, a friend, a daughter, a sister, an Austinite and more. 

Happy doomsday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. you make me so proud everyday and it thrills me to know you and that you are happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails