Monday, August 10, 2009

Dizzy Spells.

This weekend, after the George Strait concert (AHHHHHHH!!!! Still so exciting to think about!), I woke up in the middle of the night with severe vertigo. We're talking, couldn't-get-to-the-bathroom-or-stand-up-without-help severe. SCARY.

I fell back asleep after the first episode, and woke up still completely off balance and unable to walk straight. Not sure if it was due to a.) my extremely low blood sugar since I only ate breakfast Saturday thanks to no appetite and traveling, or b.) dehydration because I didn't drink much Saturday because frankly, my bladder is a pain in the ass. I can hardly sit through a six-hour show at Reliant having to pee every five damn seconds, can I?! Either way, I rehydrated and forced some food down, despite my aversion, and went back to sleep for four more hours until noon, and it seemed to be a bit better. We made the trip back home from D's parents without much event, but once we got home it seemed to be striking again. Even now, as I type this, I'm feeling a bit lightheaded.

I called the doctor this morning, and his nurse seemed unconcerned, stating that it was normal. She did say that blurred vision would need to be checked out immediately, and I feel a wee bit of that, but I'm keeping an eye on things for now, especially with my 20-week appointment looming on the horizon (Weds).

Until then, bring on the Sunny D to boost my blood sugar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails