First things first, Ava is not better :( She's not significantly worse, considering her fever has broken at least slightly (though it's climbing again as of a couple hours ago - not even at 100 though thankfully), but her rash is getting worse. We've gone through lots of speculation in the past 24 hours, from Scarlet Fever (since she has strep symptoms and a rash, which are the two hallmarks of Scarlet Fever) to Measles/Roseola (still not sure on that one) to throwing our hands up and saying "AHHHHH!", though quietly as to not upset our sick and sensitive baby, who cries at the drop of a hat.
It's seeming less like Scarlet Fever, since the rash is more pinpoint than merging together and blotchy, but I'm posting a picture (sorry about your behind on the internet, baby girl, but at least the blog is private???) just in case anyone has any ideas. Please feel free to give any input you have - we're at a loss now and the doc wants to wait until Weds to see us again unless things get worse fever-wise or new symptoms appear.
Here's the pic:
On a side note, baby girl isn't sleeping so well. Actually, let me take that back. She's sleeping just fine IN OUR ARMS. The thing about that, though, is that mama needs to sleep, too, and I can't with her in my arms. Last night she did a lot better, but seeing as how we've put her down twice already tonight and both times ended up holding her afterwards to soothe her back to sleep, it looks like another long night is in the works.
Saturday night, in an act of desperation, I took up reading this article. I have been vehemently opposed to co-sleeping for...ever, but I'm starting to be a bit tempted, both by my lack of sleep, and just the text of the article itself (plus, motherhood is always about personal growth, and isn't it time I became a little less blindly judgmental?? I think so too). I'm just very, very concerned about safety. Won't she overheat? Will we squish her? Will she succumb to SIDS? I'm just SO nervous. I'm less nervous about "spoiling" her, since I don't feel like letting her sleep in our bed is setting a precedent that will last a lifetime, though the thought has crossed my mind. Earlier, though, exhausted and desperate for her to get some decent rest to try to help her get well, I nursed her lying down on the couch after she woke up from a 45-minute nap. The next thing I knew, I woke up an hour and a half later, with baby girl sound asleep!
Anyone with co-sleeping experience, good or bad? Concerns? Benefits? Am I entering dangerous territory with regards to ever re-claiming my bed? I've yet to allow it, but I'm oh so tempted, especially with a sick baby. Surprisingly enough, D is totally, 100% for it. What the what?!? That totally caught me off guard, but I'm glad to know he's fine with whatever I choose.
Alright, off to try to rest. Hope everyone is having a lovely week so far!