Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Summer!

Summer is officially here in Austin, Texas. Not only is it projected to be 97 here today, with highs in the low-to-mid 100 range this weekend, but the one thing I dread about my job is upon us: the end of the school year. Son of a....!

Now I KNOW that I have the world's most kick ass job. I'm able to bring little A so that we never have to be apart, I get to spend time with two other little girls I absolutely adore, and my employers are the two most badass people ever. I mean, really, I have nothing to complain about..overall. But I would be lying if I said that being at work everyday at 7:30am and trying to adjust both mine and Ava's schedules accordingly doesn't suck just a little bit.

Part of it is my extreme hatred of early rising. I slept until 11:30AM Saturday morning (Biiiiiiiiiiig shout out to D for being a total rock star and allowing me to sleep the morning away!)!!! And I've been so grateful that I have a baby that also enjoys the art of sleeping in, frequently rising around 9AM. Now, however, I'm going to have to get her in the habit of waking up by 6:45 at the latest. Lame. Super lame. That means I'll have to get up that early on weekends, also. Bleh. Plus, Princess Fussypants doesn't like to nap except in her swing. Her huge, take-up-a-bunch-of-room, needed-at-home swing. Crap.

It's going to be a long, hot summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails