Saturday, June 12, 2010

Sharing Sleep.

Well, I did it. I let Ava sleep in our bed last night. And while I didn't get the best night's sleep, as I woke frequently to make sure she was OK, it was actually quite sweet. I laid her in between us, with D under the duvet and us on top of it so that a.) he wouldn't roll over on her since he's a much more sound sleeper, and b.) our duvet is so heavy that it makes ME overheat, so I figured it wasn't right for her either. Despite being smack dab in the middle of us both, though, she has the adorable ability to find her way right next to me, snuggling up next to me every chance she got. At one point, David actually told me he was jealous that she only wanted to sleep next to me. What are the odds he was jealous when I fed her twice? Pretty low.

Anyhow, it went pretty well, all considered! Unfortunately, I'm a really high-maintenance sleeper, as you might recall from my pregnancy. I only like to sleep on my belly, I like to sprawl out as wide as possible and I only like the blanket over me in certain places - I know, I'm a pain - so that was kind of an issue. I'm hoping after a few nights I'll be more able to sleep on my side without waking up.

The only drawback I can see off the bat is that A wanted to eat more than normal, most likely since she spent the night nose to nose with her food. We'll see how this pans out, but I may give it a try again tonight!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you gave it a try so now you know what it's like. I like to switch which side I;m sleeping on or sometimes go on my belly, but when Jack is next to me, I'm forced to sleep only on my left side. I don't get the best sleep, but I have adjusted and I'm able to sleep better. I'm sure the same will happen to you if you decide to keep doing it. And I think it's super cute that she was snuggling with you!

    I agree that co-sleeping means more boob time. They're not necessarily eating more, but sucking because they can and it's there. Jack also doesn't use a pacifier so sometimes I feel like I am his pacifier. We'll fall asleep nursing and I'll wake up an hour later and he's still sucking away! That's when it's time to go back to your crib. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails