Yesterday was B-U-S-Y! Between A's nine-month appointment, grocery shopping, running errands for the D's, working and so on, I barely had time to do anything. We did, however, manage a trip to the park to celebrate A's nine-month birthday! Can someone please tell me how it's possible that my baby is NINE months old? She's not been out and about as long as she was in my belly! Wowsers!
At nine months, A is:
- 20lbs, 7oz. Whoa!!!
- 28.75" long - again, whoa!
- Has made a major transition to table foods this month, and though she still eats pureed things (since they're in our freezer still and will NOT be going to waste after I put that work into it!), she's starting to develop a real taste for...whatever is on mommy's plate! She now eats black beans (whole), whole-wheat bread, tortillas and english muffins, brown rice, broccoli, sweet corn, cantaloupe, watermelon, apples, pears, avocado, bananas, shredded pork and chicken pieces and - sucker that I am - little pieces of nilla wafers, teddy grahams, etc. occasionally. All things are broken/cut up into manageable bites, obviously.
- Has six teeth, four added in the past week on top! It was a rough week, friends.
- Wears 6-9 or 6-12 mo tops, depending on the make, and 12 mo. pants.
- Is obsessed with all electronics (aren't they all at this age?), and likes to rile her daddy up by touching the x-box, computer, tv. That's what he gets for not putting things where she can't get to them, right?
- Sleeps inconsistently. Her naps have gotten so much better, with her taking a good morning nap (1.5-2 hours usually), a medium afternoon nap (~1 hour) and a 30 minute snooze on our drive home from work on weekdays, but nighttime sleep varies. Some nights (like last night - thank you!!!) she only wakes up once, some nights it's three plus times! Eek. I talked to her doctor about it and he said that it may have a lot to do with her teeth, as well as her milestones. Babies tend to have regressed sleep when they're about to hit a big milestone, and homegirl recently took her first step, and is on the brink of walking. So we'll be patient a bit longer before we look into other solutions.
- Can crawl like a speed demon, has taken ONE step THREE times, wants to walk so bad, can walk while holding onto her push car, loves her activity table, and loves all things Dora (books!).
- Little A thinks she's a big girl now, and we're retiring the swing (for a while now), the exersaucer and anything that restrains her, since it seriously ticks her off. We're keeping "baby jail" aka the playpen, obvs. Mommy needs a safe place to keep her when I need to grab lunch, etc!
- Loves her binky, but loves mommy milk more! I think it's adorable how she spits her bink out when I undo my nursing bra. So sweet!
- Says "baba", "mama", "dada", "geegee" (no clue what this means!), and "eeeeeeeee" when she sees Dora. Hahaha.
- Is learning the signs for more and all done, though her version is barely recognizable.
- Prefers her Alphabet Pal, books and activity table to any other toys.
- Has only had breastmilk for NINE months! YAY! New goal: 1 year :)
- Plays peekaboo by putting a blankie/her dress/whatever is around over her head and then taking it off and laughing. OMG I die!
Happy Wednesday, all! I have some writing to do, but will be back with a Wordless Wednesday post hopefully at some point!