Monday, September 27, 2010

Writing News, Quarter-Life Crisis, and the Nine-Month Photo Shoot From...

First off, thank you all for your wonderful support/commiseration/advice on my last post. I was...not in a good place. I'm feeling much better now, having both a.) slept, and b.) told D I was unhappy, and am hoping things continue on the up and up :)

Generally, I am feeling a bit of a quarter-life crisis coming on. I hate my hair, I hate my clothes, I feel like considering a move (something I swore I would never do), and so on and so forth. I just feel listless and bored, and am hoping to shake it by a bit of shopping and perhaps a little makeover. Either way, I'm trying to focus on taking positive steps forward, as opposed to wallowing a la Saturday morning. I'm a firm believer in the whole "if you don't like something, then change it" philosophy, and cannot stand when people whine or complain and then do nothing about why they're unhappy. So that's that. Some things are going to be changing around my life, and while I'm not entirely sure what and how, I'm excited for what the future holds.

As for A, she's getting so big! I cannot believe that she took a step three days ago, and then repeated it twice over the weekend. She's certainly not walking just yet, seeing as how she can't take more than one step, but I'll take that one and go with it. She's also gone from standing with uncertainty, not wanting me to let go, to me being a mere prop for her to pull herself up on and then let go and stand, looking so proud and smiling so big!

Today was A's nine month photo shoot, although where A was during the shoot I don't know, seeing as how I have nine month photos of SATAN. Ok, ok, so that's not entirely fair, but whoa Lord. She was not having it. Her last few photo shoots have gone so well and she was all smiles, but seriously, about 90% of the pictures from today she's either crying, pouting or all red faced from crying and pouting. TO be fair, though, this time last week she had two teeth on bottom, and now she has six total - four brand spankin' new ones on top! Yikes.

As for my writing news: I am going to be writing for Gather's other writing program, talking about my experiences as a mom (sound familiar?). This is exciting for two reasons. First, I was hired as a moms writer initially, writing news that pertained to moms (new vaccine research, new info on attachment, crib recalls, the works), but then that "channel" got phased out, so I was moved to celebs, lucky to get to keep my witing job at all. Now I love celebrity gossip as much as the next gal, but I feel a bit like a sellout sometimes when I'm "reporting" on Lindsay Lohan's "bar hopping like a coked-up kangaroo" (love you, Modern Family!) or somebody's fake boobs. I mean, it's fun and all, but not exactly the type of thing many people take me seriously for. Anyhow, the new project is also exciting because it's in collaboration with Pampers, and so all my writing will be featured on the Pampers website as one of their mom writters/bloggers! YAY! I was supposed to go through training via conference call last week, but I'm an airhead and didn't realize it was EASTERN time (duh!), so it's being rescheduled to this week :) I'm excited to start, though how I'm going to find time I do not know :P

Happy Monday, everyone! Oh, and if you didn't see my post below about eating/foods for baby, please feel free to weigh in :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy for you and this new writing opportunity. You'll have to let us know all about it once it starts. I can't believe Ava got 4 top teeth all at once. Jack got the top 2 middle ones at the same time but it wasn't too bad. Poor Ava!!! I hope you at least got a couple of good pictures and it wasn't all a waste.

    Good luck with what's to come. Changes can be a great thing! Get yourself a makeover. You deserve it! I'm right behind you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails