Monday, September 13, 2010

That's More Like It!

Whewwwwww.

Yesterday, being near a total freak out after Saturday, I bailed on my life for a few hours, and went to drown my sorrows in Trudy's and the accompanying brunch mimosas. Not only did I have a great time at brunch in the company of one of my besties, I was able to get a super fantastic brunch buzz, and then do a little shopping before hitting Starbucks and heading back home! To make things all the better, A was sleeping when I got home, and I crawled into bed next to her and slept snuggled up to her for an hour. Bliss.



Needless to say, I'm feeling significantly better than I was. I still suspect re-emerging PPD issues, seeing as how I've also been having terrible panic and thoughts that something is wrong with A {case in point: the entire time I was away from her, I kept having visions of accidentally having left her in the car and finding her in there not breathing :( - I hate you PPD!}, but I've gone back to my full dose and am feeling a bit of relief from that, even if it's only in my head (no pun intended LOL!).

In other news, Friday went off without a hitch, with A being the ideal baby traveler and funeral attendee. I didn't get any pictures of her with D's side of the family, if only because a funeral doesn't seem like an appropriate photo opp, but the funeral was beautifully done. It was a true celebration of his 100 years of life, as opposed to an ode to death, which is exactly what great-grandpa B would've wanted. There were a ton of people at the actual funeral, and from there close friends and family joined the procession to the cemetery, where a few words were spoken on his behalf. It was truly a blessing that we were able to attend.

A slept the near 2 hours up and then on the way back as well, so she actually got to take better naps than normal, and sat still and perfectly silent during the ceremonies. How did I get so lucky?

This weekend was OK (obviously not great if you read Saturday's post!), but it was nice to spend some time with D's dad, who came back with us Friday to spend the weekend here and take his mind off things. The boys went to the game Saturday, so that was a wonderful treat for them to be able to go together, and a great distraction from the loss of his dad for D's dad. We're so fortunate that his parents live close enough to come up on average once every month or two. I'm so happy that A has that connection.

While he was here, he helped D to put in the permanent baby gate (HOORAY!) and also a ceiling fan for our room, since the house was built without them. No joke. Shocking, right? Anyhow, we've been rocking a standing fan in our room for, like, ever, and now we have a baller ceiling fan that we got from CSN Stores (more on that later!!). I love love love when things get done around the house that I don't have to orchestrate myself!

Last, but not least, here's some cutie pie pics of my own little piece of baby perfection to brighten yet another Monday!



4 comments:

  1. Visiting from the Blog Hops! I love your site. I can't wait to get to know you better. Stop by when you get the chance. I have a Meet Me Monday blog hop and I would love if you could join in. Its the first thing posted on my site.

    http://www.inspiringyou2save.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better!! I'm also glad that A did so well at the funeral and made it a little easier for you.

    And hooray for ceiling fans! My uncle installed one in my room a few months ago. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I wanted to tell you that I love the outfit with those jeans. So cute and she looks so big!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how adorable is that sleeping pic? love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails