Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4 Months!!!!

Happy four months, Ava!!! And, to top it off, it's been exactly one year to the day that we found out about you, little A. I could not be happier and mroe delighted about your arrival, and what a wonderful, precious, sweet little baby girl you are. I love you more and more every single day.

This morning was Ava's four month appointment, complete with six vaccines (though only two sticks thanks to the 5-in-1 shot!) Whew! I still hate her having to get them, mainly because they won't let me hold her. I'm so insanely allergic to the DTaP that they won't chance her moving and them sticking me instead, since that type of mistake could easily kill me. Still, I wish I could hold my sweet baby. Luckily, she barely cried at all - such a brave little monkey!

Ava is weighing in at 14lbs, 10oz! That puts her in the 75%!! Whoa - you go girl! Apparently me giving up dairy has really helped her grow :) She's also a whopping 26 inches long, putting her in the 95% on height, and between the 10-25% on weight for height. Someone's going to be tall and thin - lucky!

At four months, Ava:
*wears some 0-3 months, some 3-6 months. All pants are 3-6 months thanks to those long, lithe legs!
*Loves her hands, and is increasingly coordinated. She is getting so good at putting her own paci back in - she can do it about 80% of the time! So proud!
*Has found her feet, and is falling rapidly in love with them! She likes to grab onto them and clap them together...probably because we play pat-a-cake with her feet rather than her hands.
*Loves books! She pays such close attention when I read to her - she's very observant.
*Is so very smiley and happy - what a sweet baby girl!
*Has started shrieking...sometimes joyfully, sometimes when she wants my attention or doesn't like how she's laying, etc... Not sure how I feel about this one!
*Is very vocal, and getting good with basic consonant sounds. My money is on her saying "mama" first!
*Arches her back when she doesn't like something - namely her car seat :( This makes me sad, esp. when she has to be in it anyways. Sorry, baby A!

It seems as though Ava is having some allergies these days, which makes me sad. The doc, bless him, gave us dimetapp with an antihistamine (not the cough syrup) to give to her to see if it alleviates her symptoms. With D's allergies what they are, this shouldn't surprise anyone...

This Saturday, May 1st, will be Ava's baptism! It was really touch and go, but a time opened up and we can use the church and I am SO excited. I cannot wait to see her in my Christening gown, and to baptize her into my faith :)

Happy Wednesday, all!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4 month Birthday, Ava! I'm so glad she put on some weight. You're a good mommy for sticking with the new diet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails