Thursday, April 1, 2010

Things I've Meant To Say...

I keep meaning to write some follow-ups, and then, being a new mom with mush for a brain, I forget.

*First off, a very overdue thank you to everyone who commented and/or emailed advice about switching Ava to her crib! I think we're still gonna wait a bit - probably until 4 or 5 months when she's past the greatest SIDS risk - and then make the switch. With everyone's input and reassurance, I feel more confident it's doable, so THANK YOU!

*Second, I am VERY surprised and excited to report that when Lent ends this Sunday, I'll have gone the entire Lenten season without sweets. You heard me. No cupcakes, cookies, brownies, donuts, muffins, etc since February 16th. And you know what? I DO crave them less, and the cravings are less intense. This week has been hard, with all the Easter candy EVERYWHERE I GO, but even still, it's easier than ever before to wait it out :) I've also lost three pounds, although that may just be normal day-to-day variation, but hey - I'll take it!

*Third, my first in (hopefully) a series of races is Saturday at 8AM (yikes!), when I'll be running in the Austin State Hospital Bunny Run. Wish me luck! I haven't been training nearly like I should have due to an old knee injury that I discovered my first time out, but I feel confident I can wing it. I may be a little misguided on this one...It's timed, so I'll let you know how I do this weekend!

*Also, just to be clear, I in no way think that parents that let their children watch TV/DVDs/etc are terrible parents. It was just my own personal commentary on feeling guilty about letting Baby Einsteins babysit while I had ten minutes of much needed personal time :)

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday so far! We tried to go see the Easter Bunny at Barton Creek Square, but unfortunately the Easter Bunny charges $15 for ONE measly 3x5 (plus a border) photo, and that's just highway robbery! I'm feeling certain we can find a cheaper/free Easter Bunny elsewhere, so that's our new mission! If anyone in the area knows of one, please let me know - I desperately want to get a keepsake photo for her first Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck at your race on Saturday! I'm going to buy a jogging stroller and can't wait to get back to running.

    $15 for one picture? Yikes! I was able to get my package for free but it would have been $35 for 18 photos of various sizes! I hope you can find a cheaper one, but maybe you could splurge for her first Easter pic! You can always scan it and make copies for relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if you can't get a picture with the Easter bunny, what about a picture of baby's first Easter with Mommy-bunny or Daddy-bunny as a stand in?

    I was gonna make Joe do that this weekend at my parents, where I will have great fun dressing up little girl in CUTE DRESSES.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails