Saturday, April 24, 2010

March for Babies.


I recently was asked to write an article about a charity I thought other mothers would have a particular interest in. While there are many wonderful and worthwhile causes relating to babies and children, the March of Dimes is particularly dear to my heart, having worked with premature triplets my senior year of college. I have worked with many preemies since, and volunteered in the NICU at the Children's Hospital of Austin as well. You can read the article here.

Always being one to "practice what I preach", I signed up for the walk myself. It will take place in Austin, Texas on Saturday, May 8th, at 9:30AM, and I will be there, Ava in the stroller, ready to go and teach my daughter (it's NEVER too early to start setting a good example) about giving back to those less fortunate.

While I'm not a huge fan of soliciting things (besides readers for my articles - ha!), I have included a link at the top of my blog (not sure why it's cut off - any suggestions?!) to allow my readers to donate if they feel so inclined :)

If you have a walk in your area, you should participate! It's a wonderful way to further research to ensure that one day, all babies will be born healthy and at term. God knows Ava had no intention of vacating without a little help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails