Friday, May 21, 2010

Impressions.

What you learn quickly with older toddlers and preschoolers is how frequently they are imitating your behaviors. I am usually quite proud of the way S reflects me, particularly in regards to Ava. She frequently will say things to her like, "It's OK, Baby Ava, I'm here with you," or, "What's wrong, baby bear?" Too cute.

Today, though, her impression of me is making me laugh. She's decided that she's going to read to me instead of the other way around, and just generally be in the authoritative role. This is cute enough, but she keeps looking around and saying, "Now where did I put that book??" and "Holy moly, I'm losing my mind!"

Apparently I really need to get myself together!

If you want to read something else that may make you laugh, head over to my secondary (formerly primary) blog, Confessions of a Former Nanny.

Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize you were a nanny! I was, too! I **loved** my family I nannied for. It was the best job I ever had - but I think I got luckier than most.

    Toni @ Hemp & High Heels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails