Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seedlings & Other Successes!

I had it in my mind for some reason it would take at least a week, if not weeks, for my vegetable garden to start sprouting. Apparently, I was wrong.



This is great, but it's also unfortunate. Why, you ask? Well, I thought I had some time to recruit some sucker to help me build a raised garden box. Now, though, I'm thinking I'll have to do it this weekend, and beg D to help me on the premise of it being my birthday and all (on Sunday - YAY!!!!!!!!!!). Anyone with any pointers? I'm not exactly an expert woodworker...

On a side note, here is a tissue box I painted for Ava's bathroom since I couldn't find one to go with her bathroom set.

What do you think? These colors would be tacky alone, but I think they work with the towels/decor...or at least I hope so! I'm currently working on putting the finishing touches on her keepsake/memory box, and then I'll share that as well!

Yesterday Ava went for her first walk in the stroller without her trusty old car seat - she's getting to be such a big girl! She LOVED the fresh air and the unobstructed view. The hat? Not so much. We're still working on that, since summer sun is out in full force! Check my cutie pie out:


Funny story about the stroller. I'm home alone tonight, as D went to trivia with the guys, and the stroller is sitting at the base of the stairs, hidden from view by the banister. Earlier, while going downstairs for some iced tea, I came around the corner and the stroller spooked me so badly I screamed! Yep. That's me. The soon-to-be 26-year-old mother who's scared of being home alone. Ridiculous.

Another recent first - her exersaucer! First, can I share with you how happy I am to have gotten this and Ava's jumper off Craigslist for a total of $30 for BOTH?!? Sometimes I totally rock, and the Earth is thankful too, since isn't this reusing at it's finest??? Anyhow, here's some pics of Ava rocking out in her exersaucer!



And another jumper pic:


All that jumping makes for a tired baby!


Speaking of, I am one TIRED mommy. Ava has been waking up twice a night again sometimes (teeth???), so I'm not getting as much sleep as I'd like. Plus, I have my doctor appointment tomorrow morning, so it'll be yet another busy morning!

Nighty night, and happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. You are one busy mommy!! I am seriously in awe of all that you do and make. I can't wait to see the keepsake box. I still haven't finished th step stool I bought Easter weekend. Ha! Maybe that will be my plan for Monday since I'm off and have no plans. We'll see!!

    I love Ava in her stroller- such a big girl! :) And isn't it nice not to lug around the carrier? That's awesome you were able to get some nice things off of Craigslist too. I was lucky that I was given Jack's Jumperoo and swing by a coworker. I saw the jumperoo at the store for $85. Horray for saving money!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails