Saturday, May 8, 2010

March for Babies!

This morning, bright and early, was March for Babies, the March of Dimes fundraising walk I was participating in with fellow mom friend and blogger Butterbean. Despite the lack of sleep (Ava's been wanting to hang out for an hour when she wakes up to eat in the middle of the night - anyone else??), it was a GREAT time and I'm proud to report our team raised about $350 to help fund research for the March of Dimes! YAY! The walk kicked off at Auditorium Shores, and wound its way down across the South First Street Bridge, across Cesar Chavez, up Congress, around the Capitol, and then back to Auditorium Shores via Colorado Street. Such a gorgeous city, and such wonderful weather! Have I mentioned lately how in love I am with Austin? Afterwards we headed for brunch at Magnolia Cafe, and then I promptly hauled booty home to pump since I was starting to leak (AHH!) and then passed out on the couch for nearly three hours. What a perfect day!

While Ava clearly has no hope of remembering the event, I made sure to take pics to document so that she would have them when she grew up. Hopefully I'll provide a good role model for her so that when she grows up, she'll continue to give to charity and support wonderful organizations with causes she believes in!








1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of you too and Ava wearing her March of Dimes shirt! Way to be a good role model!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails