Wednesday, September 9, 2009

24-Week Appointment!


Lots going on this morning (and today in general)! I went over to Scott & White Round Rock to pre-register, since I was up there anyhow, and found out that we have to pay for delivery ahead of time. Wah. The amount we'll owe, however, is much less than I was expecting, so it's still a situation where we're coming out ahead...it just sucks that our balance is due by 10/31. Happy Halloween to us...

While I was there, I went for a nice tour of Labor & Delivery. The hospital is brand new, as in less than three years old, so it's all beautifully done and updated. I will go ahead and just say that the tour was the first time in my pregnancy where I wanted to run screaming at the thought of delivery. Something about being there in that room, hearing about the bottom portion of the bed coming off and looking at those stirrups...oh my. It was all I could do not to burst into tears while hauling ass down the hallways. The good thing, though, was that the staff was awesome, the rooms were nice and it was shockingly un-busy. It was completely silent in there! Wow. If it weren't for the mandatory room-in of baby, I could see myself getting some damn good sleep in there! Also, there is a pull-out bed, so D won't have to leave my side. Sorry, honey. You're not going anywhere. It was a pretty quick tour, but good to know that L&D has their own personal anesthesiologist on hand 24/7, because I'm not really a waiter, if you know what I mean. If you aren't ready to give me my epidural the second I want it, I will find you.

After that eye-opening experience, it was off to my 24-week appointment. I've been a bit under the weather with a cough and all that jazz (thanks S & P!), but my doc said it's most likely viral and to just grab some cough medicine and tough it out. Thanks, doc. All was well with my weight and bp and other vitals, and Baby B's heart rate was going strong again at 149. Dr. R actually commended me on my low and slow weight gain, which is what EVERY pregnant woman wants to hear, especially when she bursts into tears every time she steps on that damn scale...so that was nice. Hopefully I can keep it up! This past month was the most difficult so far, with me being hungry, oh, I dunno..every ninety seconds? I can't help it! Baby B likes what Baby B likes! As for next time, I'll have the dreaded glucose tolerance test (like chugging all that sugar is going to help keep weight off - pssh), as well as an ultrasound to make sure I'm not having any issues with my cervix, thanks to previously surgeries and complications. While I'm not psyched about the GTT, the ultrasound balances it out, right?

Anyways, 24-week picture to come on Saturday. Can't wait until my mom gets in this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails