Saturday, September 26, 2009

Prenatal Massage.


Call me spoiled, but massage is one of my absolute favorite things in the world. I would rather go and get a massage than have groceries for the month. Thankfully, however, it's been quite a while since I've been faced with a choice like that (oh, how I don't miss college finances!), so I think I'll have my cake AND my massage, also.

Anyone had a prenatal massage yet, or in the past? I am seriously considering scheduling one in the next few weeks, especially with ACL on the horizon and all the innumberable aches and pains that accompany being on your feet for three straight days at 27 weeks...I must give a quick shout-out to D, though, who rubs my back on a nightly basis. You're not doing a bad job, by any means. That being said, there is always luxury to be found in laying down for an hour in peace and quiet and having someone devote all their attention to your every sore, tired and stressed-out muscle, is there not? Hell, I'd paid for the use of the table alone, since I miss laying/sleeping on my stomach so bad it hurts, so it's totally worth it.

Anyone in Austin or nearby have a recommendation for a great prenatal massage therapist? I've tended to go to Milk & Honey in the past when I couldn't get in at the now-closed Austin School of Massage Therapy (90-minute massages for $25 - no joke. That's how I became the addict I am today.), and they have what I think is a good deal at 90 minutes for $135, but I'm definitely open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails